The parents and guardians of children who will enter kindergarten in 2017-18 are invited to learn more about Mendota Elementary School at our upcoming Showcase event:
Thursday, January 12 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Take a tour of the school, meet the principal and hear about our rigorous curriculum.
At Mendota, we are proud of our:
If you have any questions, please call the Mendota main office at 651-403-8000. Kindergarten Registration Night at Mendota for 2017-18 will be held January 19 from 5:30-7 p.m.
Kindergarten Registration Information
- Teachers' use of the Responsive Classroom® approach which helps students thrive academically, socially and emotionally through instructional strategies such as morning meetings and guided discovery.
- Annual Project Fair, Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Talent Show, Young Authors’ Convention, LEGO League, Continental Math League and other opportunities for students to showcase their learning.
- Focus on literacy and a goal to help each student read at their grade level by 3rd grade.
- Extensive after-school program that lets students learn while having fun and trying new things.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade poetry and punch, 2nd grade AESOP fables, 3rd grade play and a 4th grade Musical which extend learning for students.
- Mendota parents who are engaged and involved — offering thousands of hours of help and expertise each year.
- Many Community Partners that offer services and support for students.
Is my child ready for kindergarten?