Mrs. Melissa Patterson
Mrs. Kelley Stoneburner
651-403-8000 | email@example.com
I am very excited to be working with the students, parents, and staff of Mendota Elementary! I have been a school counselor since 2004. I graduated with a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Sioux Falls, M.A. in Counseling from University of South Dakota, and currently working on a Graduate Certificate in Addiction Studies from the University of Minnesota.
I have three children in Elementary, and enjoy boating, biking, and creating. I am here to make sure students understand how to communicate with others. Classroom, groups and individual sessions are ways I connect with students. I am available if you have any questions or concerns throughout the year.
My Schedule - Monday, Wednesday AM, Thursday
651-403-8000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
My Schedule - TBD
DISTRICT 197 COUNSELING AND GUIDANCE
Each of School District 197’s eight schools has a counselor on staff to promote a proactive approach to positive and safe school environments.
Elementary school counselors:
Learn more about the district’s Counseling and Guidance services.
- Provide needs assessments to monitor the needs of their school's student population and make program adjustments to support those needs.
- Teach classroom guidance lessons to directly support goals related to school climate, testing/achievement, and the acceleration of excellence.
- Offer individual counseling to support achievement and excellence goals by addressing barriers to learning.
- Facilitate support groups to foster cultural assimilation.
- Coordinate activities to ease the transition to Middle School.
- Provide consultation and advocacy to make sure each student finds something in school that delights, inspires, excites, and motivates them to pursue excellence.
- Advise student groups such as the Kindness Patrol, Peer Helpers, Kids’ Council and other extracurricular groups promote kindness and enhance the school experience.
- Recruit volunteers to support the school community.
- Conduct accountability and climate surveys within each building.
- Analyze student discipline and conflict management issues and counselor success.